My Journey as a Surrogate

Thursday, January 31, 2008

It moves so quickly now!

Just 3 days ago we weren't even sure if we'd still be going this cycle. Today, my IM tells me that she has 7 follicles growing! :) She's a bit worried because she usually has more like 13 but she's only on day 4 of stim meds so I think she still has some time to grow a couple more. There's also the chance that some were hiding. Not every follicle will have an egg in it. There's the chance that some will have none, some will have one, and some will have 2. There's no way of knowing how many eggs there will be until retrieval day. And of the eggs that there will be, not all of them will fertilize. I'm still really optimistic about the whole thing. :) All it takes is ONE embryo to make a baby and there's a good chance we'll have more than that to work with.

Tomorrow I go for another bloodwork/ u/s check to see if my lining is getting nice and fluffy. It will be the first u/s since doubling my dosage of estrace so it should have gotten thicker.

Photobucket

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home