My Journey as a Surrogate

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Getting closer....

I'm now on half the amount of lupron I was to begin with and I'm also taking estrace pills twice a day to help build up my uterine lining. I had my first monitering appointment last Friday, and my second one was this morning. Everything is looking as it should at this point. At my monitering my blood is checked for estrogen and progesterone levels and my uterus is checked via trans vaginal ultrasound (yep, a weenie wand! lol).

The time is flying by faster than I imagined it would, now that we're well under way.

Just waiting for my IM to get her "cycle" and then we'll have a better idea of an exact date of transfer. :) She'll have to take medication to stimulate her ovaries to make lots of healthy eggies.

Also, I'm getting my life insurance in order before transfer. I have someone coming on Saturday to discuss my options. I know, I know.... I should have already had life insurance, but at the age of 26, that's not something I really think much about. But I have to have it in place (it's the only smart thing to do) for the surrogacy, God forbid anything happen to me, James will have some sort of safety net to fall back on.

I'll update again when I have some exciting news. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is so neat to read all your updates. You are just a a few steps ahead of me. And I can get an idea of what I have coming my way. So thanks. And I can sit back and be your cheerleader.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Lydia said…

    I call the vaginal ultrasound a "dildo cam" LOL I'm sorry you had to endure that but I can't wait until you're actually pregnant!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home