My Journey as a Surrogate

Friday, August 03, 2007

Update

I had a mini interview with someone from my IP's agency a few nights ago. That went well. I had another Dr. appt last Wednesday (needed a form filled out for the agency) and I also picked up my medical records while I was there. Unfortunately when I got home and looked over my records I saw that my birth records weren't in there! (I figured they would be since they were hombirths and it's not like the records would be at a hospital or something). So... I have to wait till NEXT Weds. to get the birth records from Jimmy and Samara's births. I did pick up the records from Mikayla's birth (hospital) today.

I talked to someone from the clinic that my IP's are using. She explained everything for me and gave me a sort of timeline of when things would happen. Once she has all of my medical records I'll have 2 phone pre-screenings, medical and psychological. Then after those, about a week or two later is when James and I will have to go to NJ for the all day screening. So... that could be really soon!

I've been working out, which I'm really REALLY going to try to keep up so as to be nice and fit for the pregnancy.

Today I asked my mom if she and my grandma had talked any more about the surrogacy. (Last I heard my mom said that my grandma didn't like the whole idea...same as my mom). My grandma and grandpa were the ones I was the MOST worried about telling. They are very important to me and I would never want to do anything to disappoint them or make them think anything bad about me. They were over yesterday and I wanted SO badly to say something about the surrogacy to them, but I didn't feel it was the right time. Well, turns out that my mom and grandma talked again and my grandma was under the impression that this baby would be mine and James' genetic baby!!! WOW! No wonder she didn't like the idea. Once she found out how it works, and that the baby would be of someone elses' genetics she was totally ok with it and even said she'd do it too! LOL! So, HUGE weight lifted from my shoulders.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's great that your grandma understands now and is supportive. I guess it's probably important to be up front about that with people so they don't think you're giving your baby away! I was confused at first too. I wasn't sure if you were accepting a donor egg and James was donating his sperm - reason I wondered that is because you mentioned at one point that BOTH of you have to get health screenings. I understand there could be other reasons for them wanting to know how James is physically, so they (IPs) know he's not an alcoholic or drug-addict, or otherwise unfavorable partner to be around you/their baby during pregnancy. I'm happy for you and what you are doing! :)

    =*Leighanna*=

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you totally rock!! and go granny!! ;)


    - lindsey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home