My Journey as a Surrogate

Friday, July 27, 2007

My children

It has been brought to my attention by someone that I have not mentioned my own children in any of my posts and how this surrogacy will effect them emotionally. Well, first thing I have to say to that (even though I already emailed this person privately, I want to post this here in case anyone else is wondering...) Just because I don't blog it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. Yes, I realize I do blog about quite a bit, but I don't blog EVERY aspect of my life or EVERY aspect of this surrogacy. Next, I'd like to say that yes, I have indeed taken my children into consideration. I asked them what their opinions were, after explaining (in kids' terms) what surrogacy was, and my daughter so graciously said to me "YES!", to which I replied, "Yes, what?" and she said that she wanted me to help someone else have a baby who needed help.

Throughout the pregnancy we will reinforce that the baby is not ours, that it is "so and so's" baby. We are not the parents, "so and so" are the baby's mommy and daddy. We will not be preparing our home for a new baby, we will not be buying baby things, we will not be reading "new baby" books, or watching birth videos. We WILL talk about exactly what's happening, how the "so and so's" are getting ready for a new baby, and the "so and so's" are going to be so excited when it's time for them to take THEIR baby home. There will never be an instance of "we're giving OUR baby away" because that is simply not the case. I will always reinforce that "so and so" are borrowing my belly so to speak, to help grow their baby, because they are unable to.

So, in case anyone else was worried about my children and their emotional well being, don't worry, I've got it covered. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home