My Journey as a Surrogate

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Here's where I'm at

I've applied to an agency and I've spoken on the phone with them a few times and I really like them. Today I went to the Dr. to be cleared and declared in good health for a pregnancy (silly, I know, but needed by the agency). I'm in the middle of weaning Samara, which isn't too hard actually since she seems to be ready for it. I need to have her weaned before I can get pregnant because the hormones that the body produces while nursing can have a negative impact on the drugs I'll be taking to get myself ready for the surrogacy. It's good timing because I'm just DONE with nursing. I'm proud of the 19 months that I've nursed her, but I'm just so. ready. to. wean. her.

Anyways..... I've submitted my application, seen my Dr., so the next step is to meet in person with the person from the agency with whom I've been speaking.

I responded to an ad today on the surrogacy board that I frequent. A couple in IL with a 3 yo boy. They seem really nice, but they're with a different agency. I'm not exactly sure how that works. I don't think I have to be with "my" agency exclusively. I know that would really limit me finding IP's (intended parents). I'd really like to be matched with IP's who live in IL or at least within driving distance so that they could attend most, if not all of the doctors appointments.

That's it for now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home